While Myrtle Beach is known for its many championship golf courses, there are also a number of hidden gems that offer unique and memorable golfing experiences. If you’re looking to venture off the beaten path, here are some courses you need to try.
- The Witch Golf Club – This course is known for its scenic beauty and challenging layout. With narrow fairways, water hazards, and plenty of sand traps, it’s a fun and exciting course for golfers of all skill levels.
- Glen Dornoch Waterway Golf Links – This course offers stunning views of the Intracoastal Waterway and is known for its Scottish-inspired design. With challenging greens and plenty of bunkers, it’s a great course for golfers who want to test their skills.
- Pawleys Plantation Golf & Country Club – Designed by Jack Nicklaus, this course features scenic marsh views and a challenging layout. Golfers will appreciate the variety of holes, from narrow fairways to long par fives.
- Rivers Edge Golf Club – This course is located just north of Myrtle Beach and offers breathtaking views of the Shallotte River. With a unique layout that follows the natural contours of the land, it’s a course you won’t forget.
- Founders Club at Pawleys Island – This course is located just a few miles south of Myrtle Beach and features a challenging layout that will test even the most seasoned golfers. With stunning scenery and well-manicured greens, it’s a hidden gem you won’t want to miss.
By exploring these off-the-beaten-path golf courses, you can experience a different side of Myrtle Beach and discover some of the area’s best-kept secrets. With unique designs, stunning scenery, and challenging layouts, these courses offer a golfing experience like no other.